The health and fitness benefits to stopping smokingMost peoples motivation for putting down the cigarettes are health-related. Tar caused by tobacco, alongside the smoke you inhale, has many adverse effects to your health and fitness. Stopping smoking will mean:
- You can breathe more easily. When you quit smoking, your oxygen levels even out, your lungs clear, and carbon monoxide is eliminated from the body. After around 3 months without a cigarette, your lung function can increase by up to 10%, meaning you feel less shortness of breath.
- Around the same time, your blood circulation will improve, giving you extra energy.
- Despite popular belief, studies have shown that stress levels can actually fall when you stop smoking. In a Kings College London study following people giving up smoking, it was found each participant reported lower levels of anxiety within six months.
The lifestyle benefits to stopping smokingThe lifestyle benefits to quitting smoking, either by giving up nicotine altogether or by slowly reducing your intake through vaping, are also huge.
- As tobacco smoke can dull smell and taste, vaping not smoking, or quitting altogether can help give these senses a boost. You’ll be surprised by how much you’ve been missing out on!
- Stopping smoking can have a great effect on your overall appearance. Once you step away from the tobacco smoke and cut down the nicotine, you may notice healthier skin and nails, reduced wrinkles, less risk of yellowing teeth and a lower chance of acne.
- Stopping smoking improves fertility in both men and women, and increases the chance of a healthy baby.
The home and family benefits to stopping smokingFinally, your home and family will also reap the benefits of your quit. Stopping smoking cigarettes or choosing to vape instead means you can expect a number of benefits.
- Stopping smoking cigarettes will eliminate the smell of stale tobacco from your home.
- Quitting smoking or moving to vaping means there is no longer a threat of a fire in your home caused by cigarettes.
- Your family will no longer be at risk from second-hand smoke exposure.
When do you start feeling better after quitting smoking?The health effects when quitting smoking begin occurring almost immediately! However, smoking is an addiction and it can take several weeks to begin feeling better, especially if you are going cold turkey. This is why many people opt for e-cigs to help them quit. You can use e-liquids to gradually cut down your nicotine intake, ending on a low nicotine e-liquid or even a nicotine free option. This makes the journey easier by helping you slowly reduce your cravings until you are ready to quit completely.
To help you make the transition and begin your journey to quitting, why not explore the full collection of e-liquids at LiQuid? From menthol e-liquids to fruit flavoured e-liquids, you’re sure to find the perfect option to suit your needs.